Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Health is Wealth


Aloha Family,

I pray that you are well and full of vibrant health.

As I increase in age I find that sustaining health means always fine tuning and listening to my body. Currently this journey has adjusted itself to define me as a "Gluten free vegan, who is GMO free". Yowza, that's a mouth full! I have also learned that making these adjustments, as challenging as they may be at times, is worth every sacrifice. When I am able to feel significant changes in my health it solidifies my discipline and there is no turning back.

I recently had some scary intestinal issues that were unexplainable. I know stress was a huge factor, but my "livet" (not diet) was pretty clean. Something inside me kept bringing gluten and wheat into my thoughts. I decided to be very strict and go gluten free and see if helped my critical state. This was not easy because gluten is a huge part of my vegan life. I LOVE IT!!! I make mock meats with vital wheat gluten and it is so amazingly delicious. BUT... It has been a little over a month that I gave up gluten and I have never felt better. Within 2 weeks, my tummy soreness disappeared. Some of my very critical symptoms disappeared after 3 weeks. I lost 8 pounds with out doing anything different (except giving up gluten-that is) But my appetite remained the same, and I still lost weight.

I also have started taking some supplements. I am by no means an expert, but this seems to be working for me. I take 1 Tablespoon of flax oil in the morning. In the evening after dinner I take spirulina, vitamin C, oregano oil ,  and psyllium husk. It is important to choose organic variates of these supplements.

Our bodies are amazing. They are naturally healing machines that are constantly evolving and showing us what they need. We just need to listen. I can not begin to tell you how happy I am to be feeling better. Being sick is scary and painful. Health is our wealth. Choose wisely my dear friends, listen to your bodies. Every day we are given a free will to nourish ourselves to optimum health. Eat clean and let food be your medicine. I love you family, I pray you have a beautiful day.

Love,
Mama T

2 comments:

  1. So inspiring. ...on the path of evolution every step taken with conscious awareness is our free will at its best! And it should be applauded and honored as a victory for its in alignment w the Lord's will and there to end suffering ... the only error on this path is not to start or not go all the way!
    Mama what a blessing to read your words! Those supplements will do you wonders. .Congratulations on your healing!
    Blessed love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your love and support, Silvana. You are so inspiring to me. How blessed am I to have such a loving, caring, conscious friend. I pray to see you very soon. I love that you say "It's in alignment with the Lord's will, and there to end suffering", to that I say AMEN! I Love you!

    ReplyDelete